Steelseries 7G is the most advanced keyboard SteelSeries has in its arsenal. And that is without any bloating features. SteelSeries 7G is built for solid performance and has mechanical key-switches made for well over 50million strokes. SteelSeries 7G is even equipped with a legacy PS/2 connector which allows every single key to e pressed at the sam time, this is also why many of the common multimedia features are missing since those require a USB connection. It has gold-plated connectors for maximum connectivity and has a huge handrest.
- Mechanical switches
- Allows multiple keystrokes at once due to PS/2 connector
- Goldplated connector
- Giant handrest
- High quality construction
- Concise structure and layout
- Very low latency key presses
- Great to type on
- No bloated software or firmware
- No-click mechanical professional gaming keyboard
- 18K gold-plated connectors for extremely low latency
- Gaming grade lifetime: 50 million keystrokes
- Endorsed by the worlds best eSports-players
- Sturdy and exact mechanical switches
- PS/2 buffering allows many keys to be pressed at once.
- Lacks macro keys
- Wrist rest should lock in to keyboard
- Devoid of game-specific features or even independent media keys.
- Keys are a little on the stiff side.
The Bottom Line
The reviewers are very happy with te overall build quality. If you are willing to pay the premium price for a few amount of extra features, SteelSeries 7G might very well be the keyboard of your choice. The mechanical switches allows for a very rapid and precise handling when maximum APM is needed. Because of its sturdy construction and lack of additional features this keyboard is one of the best for StarCraft2 since the game requires an intense amount of “Actions Per Minute”. The game supports second to none macro combinations which means the SteelSeries 7G provides a solid distraction free environment for winning tournaments.
Buy from Amazon